Monday, May 4, 2015

The Fourteenth Goldfish


I realize that this book by Jennifer Holm was the Global Read Aloud book this year in September, but I just read it aloud to a class, and they loved it.  I could not be more happy to share such a thoughtful book with entirely believable and interesting characters.  More to the point, I was thrilled to share a story about a student who discovers a love of science on a very honest path.  I was happy to share the information I knew about the scientists in the book, and to research more as the students had questions.  Although the story is not about science alone, it serves as an inspiration to those students who never understood the beauty or thrill of discovering something new.  Thanks, Jennifer Holm! Find more of her books at http://www.jenniferholm.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment