Tuesday, May 26, 2015

The Boy on the Porch

Image result for boy on the porch creech
For years I have loved the work of Sharon Creech.  I used to work in an independent bookstore where I found Walk Two Moons and Love That Dog.  Even my own young adult children have read most of her books, so when I read about The Boy on the Porch, I needed to read it.  What a touching and lovely story about family, fostering, and heartache.  Creech does not disappoint, and I hope that people will share this story with all types of families.  The generosity of the unassuming characters in the story makes you want to help them, not just get to know them.  And, of course, there is a loyal dog...there is always that loyal dog.
Here is Sharon Creech reading the first page of the book to get you intrigued.

Check it out at your local library and see what a gem it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment