Thursday, May 14, 2015

New Bulletin Board

I am thrilled to have a new bulletin board to promote an author of the month to the school.  Most teachers seem to dread another bulletin board, but I do not have a single one inside my library, so when the opportunity arose to have one installed outside the library, I jumped at the chance.

Of course I chose Kate DiCamillo as the first author.  She has written books for all levels, and she has a great story.  You can check her out at http://www.katedicamillo.com/. She holds a special place in my heart since one of her books, Because of Winn Dixie was my daughter's "first favorite book," in her words, and I was the one to read it aloud to her.

You can check out her book trailer for Flora and Ulysses, her latest Newbery Award winner.

Her series about Bink and Gollie is also one of my new favorite read alouds.  Here is a sample of this great collaboration with Allison McGhee and Tony Fucile.

Hope you enjoy Kate DiCamillo's books as much as we do here at my  library!

No comments:

Post a Comment