Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Superhero Theme


Superhero free printable via Free Time Frolics #freeprintable use for birthday parties, activities or bedrooms
As the end of our school year gets closer, we have one tradition at this time of year here at my school - we announce the theme for the next school year.  Even in the midst of walk-outs for better funding happening all over our state, we as teachers still look forward to the end of one year and then the brand-new beginning of another.  I am fortunate to be one of the people who decides the theme for the next year, and I chose SUPERHEROES!  Of course, before announcing the theme, I created a Pinterest page to get everyone excited and full of ideas.  Other schools in our district tend to call us the Pinterest school because almost every teacher really gets into the theme, with spectacular bulletin boards, amazing classroom decorations, and even outfits for the first week of school.  There certainly were a lot of animal prints around in September as we celebrated our SAFARI theme, and I expect more than a few capes to appear this fall!

To keep up my end of the superhero excitement, I have been searching for superhero-themed books in the library, and I have come across a few that are perfect picture books for the theme.

1. Ladybug Girl by David Soman and Jacky Davis
I love the confidence this girls has!

2. Traction Man is Here! by Mini Grey
Who wouldn't love this action figure who has amazing adventures in dirt piles and sinks?

3. Timothy and the Strong Pajamas by Viviane Schwartz
What a great superhero adventure about a smallbeast in pajamas!
Image result for timothy and the strong pajamas
Look for middle grade superhero books tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment