Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Western Washington University Children's Literature Conference

One of my favorite events of the year is coming up at the end of February - the WWU Children's Literature Conference!  Last year was a sell out, and I know quite a few teachers and librarians who were sad they did not sign up early enough to be a part of this wonderful day that celebrates books and authors.

This year will feature four outstanding authors and illustrators:


WWU Children's Literature Conference
The people who work on this conference every year put a whole lot of heart and soul into getting top-notch authors and illustrators to come to our little corner of the country.  I appreciate all of their hard work, and I have been fortunate to attend for so many years.  I believe that the conference may be a little different from other author appearances because we all love books and stories so much.  The audience, made up of mainly educators, librarians, and students, is there for the knowledge, wit, and wisdom that are shared.  We come away with ideas for our classrooms, but more than that, I have always gained a greater understanding of these people who create books for us to enjoy. They tell about their personal challenges and triumphs, as well as divulge part of their personalities for me to share with students and other educators.  The conference is well worth it, and I encourage you to sign up if you have not already.

You can learn more using this link:


Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment