Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Back to school tomorrow!

I cannot quite explain what a wonderful summer of reading I was able to enjoy these last few months.  Because of the #bookaday Challenge by Donalyn Miller, I made the effort to read almost every day.  This should not be an extreme challenge for a children's librarian, but summer is full of distractions and sunshine! Yet, after I decided to take on the challenge, I had so much fun incorporating reading into my summer plans, and then sharing my accomplishments daily on Twitter.  I was able to interact with authors and librarians from all over the country through Twitter, and it was so easy!

Now I am heading back to school tomorrow with all sorts of new ideas, inspirations, and books to booktalk, and I have many great people on Twitter to thank for that.  I hope that all of you go back to school feeling inspired and enthusiastic about all of the great books and authors that we can share with our students.

Here are some of my favorite reads from the past month:

Image result for day the crayons came home video 





Image result for gaston kelly    

Along with these great books, I read all of the WCCPBA 2016 list and the 2016 Sasquatch Award books.  I was busy but so thankful that I took the time to read and then interact with others.  The world became a smaller and larger place all at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment