Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Favorite Read Aloud - Early Chapter

Lulu and the Brontosaurus by Judith Viorst, Illustrated by Lane Smith



This book is far and away my favorite early chapter book to read aloud! I read it every year to second grade at the beginning of the year, and it consistently stays at the top of my most requested books for the rest of the year.  Fortunately, Judith Viorst and Lane Smith continued the series with Lulu Walks the Dog and Lulu's Mysterious Mission.  Throughout the school year, I hear children singing "I'm gonna, I'm gonna, I'm gonna, gonna get, A Bronto, Bronto, Bronto, Brontosaurus for a pet!" I make sure to sing it loud and slightly obnoxiously, and the sentiment carries on with my students.  I love it!

If you want to read this book, find it at your library and check out Judith Viorst online. If you would like some great resources about the book, author, and illustrator, check out TeachingBooks.net for great information and activities.




No comments:

Post a Comment