I am completely stealing this idea from Travis Jonker, http://100scopenotes.com, but I was intrigued by the idea of being honest with myself and the world (wide web) about what books my students really check out time and again. So here is the list for my school.
10. MY NEW FRIEND IS SO FUN! by Mo WIllems
9. I'M A FROG! by Mo Willems
8. SHOULD I SHARE MY ICE CREAM? by Mo Willems
7. ARE YOU READY TO PLAY OUTSIDE? by Mo Willems
And now for something different..
6. THE PIGEON NEEDS A BATH! by Mo Willems
5. LET'S GO FOR A DRIVE! by Mo Willems
4. I BROKE MY TRUNK! by Mo Willems
3. WAITING IS NOT EASY! by Mo Willems
I guess it is not going to be a sweep for Mr. Willems this year.
2. GREEN EGGS AND HAM by Dr. Seuss
And the Number One Picture Book for 2016 is...
1. DON'T LET THE PIGEON DRIVE THE BUS! by (who else) Mo Willems
Maybe you can tell that I love Mo Willems' books, and I am super excited that he will be in Seattle next Thursday, June 9 at Elliott Bay Books!